Thank you for visiting the “wineculture.com.sg” Website (“Site”) operated by Wine Culture Pte Ltd.
When you visit or shop at the Site, you would have furnished us with various information including information about yourself. We at Wine Culture Pte Ltd understand and respect our customers’ need for privacy and the need to guard their personal information. In this connection, we append below our policy regarding our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- how we collect, use and (under certain conditions) disclose your personal information;
- the steps we have taken to secure your personal information; and
- your options regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
By visiting the Site directly or through another site, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by Wine Culture Pte Ltd to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect depends on the products and services that you use and subscribe to. Such information includes:
- Your identity – this includes NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
- Recording of your interaction with us – for example, a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, an email or letter you sent to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information – for example, the online shopping service you use or other details related to your account.
- Your preferences – this is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products and services, etc.
- Information from other organisations – these organisations include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
WAYS WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Complete the online registration form
- Purchase any products or services on the Site
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
- Participate in a competition or survey
- Submit a product review
Examples of specific collection and use of information are as follows:
(a) Registration and Ordering.
Before using certain parts of any Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number.
These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we may use your personal information to contact you.
(b) Email Addresses.
Several locations of the Site permit you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for a contest; to request us to notify you of new brands, new products; to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. Your participation in a contest is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest winners and to award prizes. We may post on the Site the names and cities of contest winners. By entering a contest, you may be opting in to receive our email newsletter and special offers and this will be disclosed in the official rules governing the contest.
(c) Cookies and Other Technology.
Like many sites, the Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to help tailor site content to users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
(d) Log Files.
As is true of most web sites, the Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
(f) Product Reviews.
You may choose to submit a product review. If you post a review, we will ask for your email address and geographic location. If you submit a review, your geographic location will be visible to other users (your email address will be kept private). Also, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review.
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE
One reason for us to collect your personal information is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customised experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- carry out the task for which you provided us your personal information
- help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once
- help you quickly find information, products, and services
- help us create content that is most relevant to you
- alert you to new information, products, and services that Wine Culture Pte Ltd and/or Wine Culture Pte Ltd’s related companies (collectively, the “Group”) and/or business partners offer
- contact you on a follow-up basis
(a) Internal Use.
We use your personal information:
- to process your order and provide you with customer service.
- enable us to process bills and payments
- respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- to improve the Sites’ content and layout
- to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you)
- to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site.
In order to facilitate such use and the other use described in this Section, we may share your information with Wine Culture Pte Ltd’s related companies (the “Group”) and/or business partners.
(b) Communications with You:
We use your personal information:
- to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries
- respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- to send you a confirmation email when you register with us
- to send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.)
- to notify you of new brands, new products
- for other marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, such as sending you newsletters and information on special offers (“Marketing Messages”)
Please note that you may at any time withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of your personal data for receiving of Marketing Messages. For withdrawal of consent, please fill up the Withdrawal Request Form (Click to download form) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) External Use.
We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection. We do not disclose your specific personal information to anyone other than to the Group and/or business partners, except that:
- As do most catalogue and Internet retailers, we sometimes use third-party service providers to perform specific functions or services on our behalf.. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share certain specific information with our logistics partners, such as SingPost, United Parcel Service, and Federal Express to ensure timely and accurate delivery, and also for us to collect feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example above, we provide our logistics partners information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will retain your information for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. We rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending Marketing Messages to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by filling up the Corrections Request Form (click to download form), and emailing it to email@example.com.
Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information to the email address above.
ACCESS PERSONAL DATA
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”), you are entitled to request for your personal data that we have, and request to know how your personal data had been used or disclosed over the past year. You can make a request anytime by filling up the Personal Data Access Request Form (click to download form), and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY